Friday, July 16, 2010

summer!

So things are still humming along here... we're up to July, and already I can see it's going to be a gorgeous summer day. Although I'm doing much better than I was, we've decided to clear my schedule for Fall, so I guess now it's going to be Spring semester before I come back to work. By then, the hope is, I'll be back not just at partial capacity but at nearly 100%.

For me that's going to mean when I can type half-way competently again (and, of course, when I have hair again!--no way am I leaving this house without hair!). The intellectual skills seem to be fine; my memory is intact (thank God--can you imagine?). It's the motor skills that are at issue for me now. Typing, meanwhile, is probably the skill I have relied on most as a teacher and writer. I can't do anything without it. I'm not nearly as good as I was--I've lost too much muscle control for that. I'm more of a hunt-and-peck type now.

But I'm working on it; I work on it every day. I'll get it back at some point, I'm sure; everything seems to be coming back, albeit much more slowly than I'd hoped.

But I've got lots of time.

No comments: