Saturday, July 24, 2010

new possibilities

So the news down home is that there may be the possibility of getting me back on my feet and walking again. This would be amazing, because as of right now, I cannot walk at all. I can barely even get around with a walker.

But we met with a new oncologist, whose specialty is neuro-oncology, and he thinks he can get me back on my feet again. It's almost too much to hope for.

The problem, he thinks, may simply be fluid build up in the brain. Excuse me if this is a TMI moment ("if"! I already know it is!). But what this means is that they can fix me, and it might not even be that hard. Getting rid of the fluid build-up wouldn't get rid of the tumor (which according to all reports was already smaller), but it would get me a long way back to where I was before I lapsed again.

Could it be possible?

3 comments:

jf said...

You know, I suspect I may be speaking for all of your readers when I say that there hasn't yet been any thing that one could call a "TMI moment" in this blog. And certainly not this one.

critbritlit said...

Thank you for the reassurances! hopefully we're on the right track, and this is what it is!! We will apparently know almo know almost immediately, amazungly enough.

And not a moment too soon, if you ask me!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I was a student of yours, although not a very good one. But i remember you, and looked for your blog. I hope everything works out well for you.

Take care,

Nikolai