Tuesday, June 20, 2006

terragen






My newest plaything is Terragen, a free program that allows you to create fantasy landscapes. It's really quite neat. You can import your own photos and start from there, or have the program randomly generate a planet for you, complete with atmosphere, water, hills and cliffs. From there you can use your camera to meander around the landscape in order to pick out the best angle for your composition. And you can twiddle with the scenery as you like.

The bluish one is my first pitiful effort; this is what I came up with just using the basic settings in the program. There are tons of plugins you can use to get much better effects, like the one in the picture above it (that would be the fancy one) that I downloaded from the site.

I love fake worlds.

No comments: