Sunday, May 28, 2006

gadgets I can't live without

Well, probably I could. But would I want to?

1. Barista espresso maker...I call this "The Barista that changed my life"
2. MacBook...with superdrive, dashboard, a cool i-comics demo, grab, photo booth...I just got this. It is way cool. I wake up in the middle of the night and play with it.
3. ipod mini and transpod fm receiver....my brother's mini has a little black devil skin with ears and a pointy tail. I covet this.
4. whipped cream maker. This is a little jar you charge with some sort of gas, and voila! Whipped cream comes out the top. I can't even tell you how much I love this thing. I think everyone should have one.
5. Breadman Ultimate breadmaker...for making pizza crust. Lots of people get breadmakers and then never use them again. What's wrong with them?!!
6. Oxo Goodgrips vegetable peeler....No reason here. I just really like peeling things with it.
7. Belgian waffle maker...for foot-high Begian waffles that are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. YUM.
8. Braun hand-held blender...for pureeing soups right in the pot, whizzing up smoothies and milkshakes, and grinding nuts.

So there it is. I have more, too....I think I may be Ms. Neat-Gadget queen. I'd rather have a nifty gadget than, say, an item of furniture any day. There's the special device I have for making pizelle--you know, those wafer-thin cookies you can wrap around a rolling pin and make into waffle cones. You've GOT to have one of those, don't you? There's the teensy mini-whizzer that will foam milk for you. That's pretty cool, too. And of course I wouldn't want to forget the self-warming teapot, the halogen flashlight that doubles as a lamp, or the Winelife aerosol wine gas cannister that keeps your opened bottles fresh (I never even bothered buying wine before finding this guy, because I'd only have a glass and then the whole bottle would be shot. But this nifty little gadget keeps the stuff fresh for weeks and weeks).

Yes, yes....there are more useful gadgets we're all dependent on: microwaves, washer and dryers (yawn!). But they aren't nearly as neat.

These things just make me happy every time I use them.

No comments: